Saturday, May 6, 2017

Just a Simple "Thank You Jesus"

Every day can be a mountain
Or a valley of despair;
It's so hard to face each moment
With the devil in your ear.

It's too easy to be falling
For the lies that bring us down,
And forget our loving Saviour,
Who's forgiven every failure,
Never leaves us on our own.

Just a simple "thank you Jesus"
Gives me all the strength I need,
Helps me do the things I'm meant to,
Leave behind the things that grieve.

Just a simple "thank you Jesus"
Gets me through the hardest days,
Brings me back to being grateful
For the peace he always gives.


When I'm thirsting for forgiveness
And my conscience says I'm wrong,
When I stay away on Sundays
Too ashamed to join the throng,

When I'm crying on the inside,
Hurting from the bitter past,
Even then I know he's near me,
His sweet mercy calling dearly;
"Come back home my precious child."

No comments: